Earthquakes, Famines, and Disasters in the End Times
Everyone is aware that earthquakes and other disasters are increasing in frequency and intensity. Earthquakes 8.0 magnitude and above have occurred several times in the past decade. We have seen tsunamis, floods, and other disasters on a scale that boggles our minds. We are no longer surprised to wake up in the morning and watch yet another disaster on our TV.
We Have Been Warned
The Lord Jesus Christ warned us over two thousand years ago that the Last Days would see an increase in disasters of this magnitude.
“For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places.
All these are the beginning of sorrows.”
He reminded us that the labor pains of pregnant women increase just before birth. And that, He said, would be the case with disasters in the end times. They would happen suddenly and swiftly, often without warning and people would be taken by surprise.
“For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night. For when they say, “Peace and safety!” then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labor pains upon a pregnant woman.”
1 Thessalonians 5:2-3.
There is Far Worse to Come
The Book of Revelation tells us that disasters during the last half of the reign of antichrist would be on a scale never before experienced. What we are experiencing now is just the beginning of far worse to come.
The Book of Revelation has the details. The Great Tribulation ushers in God’s final judgment of this world in a series of three sets of calamities, each worse than the last.
Series 1: The Seal Judgments
- Seal 1 – The man on the white horse – Introduction to antiChrist (Rev. 6:1,2).
- Seal 2 – The fiery red horse – war (Rev. 6:3,4).
- Seal 3 – The black horse – economic disaster (Rev. 6:5,6)
- Seal 4 – The pale horse – mass death (Rev. 6:7,8).
- Seal 5 – Mass murder of believers (Rev. 6:9-11) Compare Isa. 5:14
- Seal 6 – Cosmic disturbances (Rev. 6:12-17)
- Seal 7 – introduces the next series of judgments (Rev. 8:1,2).
Series 2: The Trumpet Judgments
- Trumpet 1 – One-third of all green vegetation devastated (Rev. 8:7).
- Trumpet 2 – Destruction of one-third of all marine life and ships (Rev. 8:8,9).
- Trumpet 3 – Pollution of one-third of freshwater sources (Rev. 8:10,11).
- Trumpet 4 ( – Natural light diminished by one-third Rev. 8:12-13).
- Trumpet 5 – Woe 1 – Release of demonic forces from Bottomless Pit (Rev. 9:1-12).
- Trumpet 6 – Woe 2 – Release of demonic forces from Euphrates River and mass death (Rev. 9:13-21).
- Trumpet 7 ushers in final series of judgments known as the BOWL (or VIAL) judgments and incorporated as the THIRD WOE (Rev. 11:15).
Series 3: The Bowl Judgments.
- Bowl 1 – Dreadful malignant diseases (Rev.16:1,2).
- Bowl 2 – Sea becomes blood and all marine life wiped out (Rev. 16:3).
- Bowl 3 – All fresh water contaminated (Rev. 16:4-7).
- Bowl 4 – Terrifying global heat-wave (Rev.16:8,9).
- Bowl 5 – Judgment on antiChrist’s world kingdom (Rev.16:10,11).
- Bowl 6 – River Euphrates dries up in preparation for Eastern invasion (Rev. 16:12-16).
- Bowl 7 – Earth utterly shaken (Rev. 16:17-21).
Be Watchful and Be Ready for His Return
The Lord is coming for His Church just before the seven-year reign of antichrist (the opening of the first seal). The Church will not experience these final disasters. Only unbelievers left behind. Don’t be among them. Make sure you are ready for the Return of Jesus!
“Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out,
so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord,”
“Watch therefore, for you do not know what hour your Lord is coming. But know this, that if the master of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched and not allowed his house to be broken into. Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.”
“Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort [encourage] one another with these words.”
1 Thessalonians 4:17-18
We feel pain at the trauma of those who suffer in these disasters. At the same time, we rejoice in the fact they remind us that Jesus is on His Way.
Even so, come, Lord Jesus~
www.valwaldeck.com – Reaching Our Generation One Book at a Time