AntiChrist and the End of the World
This is the first in the 30-day Blog Post #AtoZChallenge. Each of the posts will deal with some aspect of the end times, the antichrist, and world events in the light of Bible prophecy.
One of the major prophecies in the Bible is the rise of the antichrist in the End Times.
Bible prophecy indicates a great Middle East War will take place. Russia, Iran, and Turkey, together with many other nations surrounding Israel, will attempt to invade the Land of the Jews. A resounding supernatural defeat will result in Israel taking seven months to bury the dead bodies of her enemies. All this is prophesied in Ezekiel chapters 38,39 and Psalm 83.
Antichrist, a dominant world leader from the West will make a seven-year Peace Treaty with Israel at this time. They believe him to be their anticipated Messiah until he reveals his true colors midway through the seven-year period known as the Great Tribulation in the Bible.
Some believe the antichrist will be a Muslim, but the Bible tells us the world of Islam will suffer a terrible setback just before the reign of antichrist.
It will take seven months for the people of Israel to bury the bodies and cleanse the land. Everyone in Israel will help, for it will be a glorious victory for Israel when I demonstrate my glory on that day, says the Sovereign Lord.
Who is the antichrist?
The Bible gives us a lot of information about him. Here are just a few details. There are many more and these are all confirmed in a number of scripture references. The Books of Daniel, Ezekiel, 1&2 Thessalonians, and the Book of Revelation have a lot to say about the antichrist.
- The antichrist will be a powerful leader of ten groups of nations, each with its own leader. Seven of them will be very powerful leaders (Revelation 13:1,2). The General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade (GATT) divided the world into ten regions in 1948. It evolved into the World Trade Organization (WTO) in 1995. Our world has ten regions and seven financial heads, known as the Group of Seven. All the props are on the stage of this world. We are just waiting for the curtain to rise.
- His prophesied seven-year reign will begin with the Rapture of the Church. “And now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time. For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way. And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming” 2 Thessalonians 2:6-8
- He will have total authority and do as he wishes for a limited time. “And he was given a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies, and he was given authority to continue for forty-two months”[3 1/2 years]” Revelation 13:5.
- The entire world will be so in awe of him, they will worship him unreservedly. “And I saw one of his heads as if it had been mortally wounded, and his deadly wound was healed. And all the world marveled and followed the beast. So they worshiped the dragon who gave authority to the beast; and they worshiped the beast, saying, “Who is like the beast? Who is able to make war with him?” Revelation 13:3-4.
- He will be inspired by satan himself. “The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie” 2 Thessalonians 2:9-11
- The antichrist will hate God Almighty, slandering the Lord and all true believers. “And he was given a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies, and he was given authority to continue for forty-two months. Then he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme His name, His tabernacle, and those who dwell in heaven” Revelation 13:5-6-6.
- He will be a man of great arrogance, totally embracing the so-called alternative lifestyle. “He shall regard neither the God of his fathers nor the desire of women, nor regard any god; for he shall exalt himself above them all” Daniel 11:37.
- He will make a seven-year Peace Treaty with Israel, but break it midway through. It is prophesied he will enter the Third Temple (yet to be rebuilt) and claim to be God himself. “Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.”2 Thessalonians 2:3-4. Compare Daniel 9:27. The chaos following this act of rebellion is the subject of most of the Book of Revelation. He loses control and terrible judgments take place during the last 3 1/2 years of his reign.
- He will be totally defeated by the Lord Jesus Christ when the Lord returns to earth with His people and stands on the Mount of Olives. “And in that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, Which faces Jerusalem on the east.
And the Mount of Olives shall be split in two, From east to west” Zechariah 14:4. Compare 2 Thessalonians 2:8.
- His future is the Lake of Fire. “The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever” Revelation 20:10.
The Bible has a lot of information about him
There is much more, but this is enough to know the time is near as we watch Europe developing into a powerful World Empire and the Middle East threatening to annihilate Israel.Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near.” Luke 21:28 #endoftheworld Click To Tweet
Return tomorrow and learn some more about prophesied events leading to the Return of Christ and the End of the World.
Passionate about the Return of Christ – Occupying Until He Comes!
www.valwaldeck.com – Reaching Our Generation One Book at a Time