How To Apply For a USA Tax ID

DonationsIf you find this information helpful and you wish to contribute towards my Christian ministry, please click HERE.

You will be as delighted to know (as I am) that due to changes in the USA Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act, you only need the tax identification number from your own country to be eligible for any tax treaty benefits that may exist between your country of residence and the United States.

South Africa has a treaty agreement and this means you no longer have to apply for a USA Tax ID. Just do the Tax Interview on your profile page at Amazon KDP, Createspace and Smashwords, etc., and enter your South African Income Tax number.

Authors from other countries need to check whether your country has a treaty agreement. For example, this is an NI number in the UK and a PPS number in Ireland. Ask Google for specific information about your country if you are not South African. If your country does NOT have a tax treaty agreement with the USA, apply for your USA TAX ID.